Hoisting and Rigging (H&R)
Recommend updating every 3 years.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List common hoisting and rigging hazards and causes of accidents.
- Identify legislation related to hoisting and rigging.
- Know the responsibilities of rigging personnel.
- Calculate load weights.
- Identify types of cranes, crane components, hazards.
- List factors that affect crane capacity.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of international crane hand signals.
- Identify ropes, Knots and Hitches, working loads, damage that reduces the capacity of rope.
- Identify Hardware, Wire rope and Slings, wear and damage, knowledge of the correct selection and use of hardware. Safe sling configurations.
- Identify various types of rigging tools and devices and how to properly use them, inspect them and apply them to requirements.
Please note: Dates and times are subject to change.
If booking on line is unsuccessful and you would like to be placed on a waitlist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.